XY Manager Editor And Librarian
XY Manager (XYM) is a universal patch editor and librarian for classic Yamaha FM synthesizers.
The entire range from the MK1 DX7 to the SY99 and later FM clones is supported.
The current version, XYM7, is free to download for a 30-day trial period, and $30 to buy.
Upgrades and technical support are free and unlimited.
XYM is a Windows app.
Check the XYM update history here.
XYM covers the whole FM synth range
- XYM fully supports all the classic FM synths.
- Patch files for all supported synths can be opened and edited regardless of which synth is selected for MIDI control.
- Easily convert 4 or 6 Operator DX patch files to SY 1AFM format.
Keep Track of What's On Your Synth
- Patch Viewer keeps track of all patch types on your synth.
- Download patches, banks or everything in one go, automatically opening editors.
- Drag and drop patch selections to new files.
Explorer Style Patch Management
- Organise your patches however you want.
- Work with a familiar Explorer style interface.
- Create your own patch folder groupings.
- Scan files to weed out duplicate patches.
- Drag and drop patches around/between compatible files.
- Browse to audition patches.
Real-Time Visual Patch Editing
- "Hear as you edit" - just drag the graph markers and hear how the sound changes.
- Use a hardware controller instead of the mouse.
- Work on all parameters in a single window.
- Work on multiple patches simultaneously.
- Edit voices, drum patches, multis, microtunings,pans, system setups etc.
- Drag and drop any data between editors/files.
- Multiple document interfaces for both patch management and editing with full drag & drop support.
- Explorer-style patch manager - drag & drop patches within/between files.
- Create your own patch management schema in Patch Explorer - multiple level dictionaries and hierarchies.
- Powerful patch search, duplicate removal, sort and group features.
- Read and create new floppy disk files for DX7IIFD and SY77/SY99.
- Patch Viewer provides direct window on your synth for easier downloads. Drag and drop patches to open patch files.
- Graphical, real-time voice patch editor with auditioning.
- Universal voice patch editing supports all modes, including SY drumsets and SY99 sample and waveform parameters.
- Converts 4 and 6 Operator DX patches (.syx/.dat/.dxm) to 1AFM file SY series synth file format.
- Tool editors for editing/managing all non-voice formats such as Multi, Pan, Microtuning, Fractional Scaling and System Setup patches.
- All editors support incoming parameter change messages from hardware controllers.
- GUI editor for the Behringer BCR-2000 controller with presets pre-programmed for all patch editors.
- Midi Engine monitors all incoming MIDI channel and sysex messages. Messages are editable.
- Full support for Midi Merge from all device inputs and Midi Thru on primary device.
- On-board MidiFile player and virtual MIDI keyboard.
- Prints patch lists and parameters. Print preview and print to file.
- DX and SY Patch libraries included ( Mk1,Mk2 DX7,SY77 and SY99 Factory patches, 2 sorted DX and SY PD patch libraries and a "Best of DX" library in DX and SY formats).
- Completely automated download/installation/registration.
- Context sensitive on-board Help system and unlimited technical support.
- Perpetual license for all future upgrades.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded.